Improvements to the Elmwood Playhouse website
Here at Elmwood Playhouse, we have been working hard over the past few month to improve the user experience of the website for both the general public and our members. While there have been many improvements made behind the scenes, here is a summary of the more obvious changes and improvements we have made to our website.
For All Users
- The “Become a Member” and “Donate” buttons in top left corner of site are now more pronounced
- The bottom footer of each page has been rearranged to showcase our Twitter and Instagram feeds
- Added a new feature to search past shows: www.elmwoodplayhouse.com/past-seasons
- The News section has a new look
- The Volunteers Section have an new introduction which will automatically update the running total of volunteers as we add more names to our database
- The Volunteer Section has an advanced search capabilities, allowing you to search for a past or present volunteer by name or category
- Gold rollover highlights have been added when viewing lists on pages such as individual Show Pages such as for “Stick Fly” and individual Volunteer pages such as that of our current Elmwood President Steve Taylor
- New icons have been created for iPhone and iPad users when saving a bookmark to the Elmwood website to their iPhone / iPad Home screens. Here is a link of how you can do this on your iPhone or iPad so you can create a shortcut to the Elmwood website on your favorite Apple device.
- The Elmwood Playhouse is secure now that we have applied a “digital certificate” also known an “SSL certificate”. Most people recognize this as a “padlock” icon in your web browser’s address bar. Our site did not technically need an SSL digital certificate before to accept payments online. Payments for our membership fees and tickets are being processed by a separate and secure 3rd party sites, PayPal and Arts People respectively. That being said, having a secured site makes users feel more confident about using our site. It should also help us be found better on search engines such as Google.
For Elmwood Members only:
- Members Only->Member Resources->Documents – lists all Committee contact email addresses
- Members Only->Member Resources-> Member Directory – now have clearer member photos
- Members Only->My Account ->Membership Card – higher resolution photo now on member’s individual membership card
- Members Directory now shows members email addresses for members to initiate email communications with one another directly
Have any question or feedback about these changes? Current Elmwood members who are logged into our site may leave their comments or questions below.