10 Park Street
Nyack, NY 10960
Nyack is delightful, charming, and resplendent with culture. There are fantastic restaurants, nightclubs, antique shops, pubs, street fairs, and lots of special events in our little river village bustling with tourism. Parking can be challenging. Elmwood Playhouse, like most businesses in Nyack, does not have on-site parking. On weekends, we recommend you get to the theatre at least 30 minutes early to find parking. Be aware of parking signs and regulations as they will ticket, and nothing can ruin a good mood like a $25.00 parking fine. Best Bet: municipal parking lot on Main St, across from Park St.
You do not need to leave a performance to feed the meters. The meters can be pre-fed earlier in the evening and will go into effect at eleven.
Evening meters will allow for pre-purchase of up to eight hours of parking in advance. Those attending the theater can put in a quarter (or more) at any time between 6PM and 11 PM and receive a meter ticket that begins at eleven and is good for the amount of time purchased. This means that if you put in 75 cents in the machine you will get a receipt reflecting 12 midnight, the hour you just bought. Cool.
From North & Upstate
- Follow NY State Thruway I-287 East /I-87 South to Exit 11 toward Nyack/US-9W/S Nyack
- Turn left at light onto W Main St/NY-59/Rte-59
- Continue, following NY-59/Rte-59, becomes Main St, Nyack
- Turn left at Park St, Theatre on right
From Westchester and NYC
- Take I-87/New York State Thruway/I-287 I-287 W North East
to Tappan Zee Bridge; Continue on NYS Thruway
- Take exit 11 toward Nyack/US-9W
- After exit ramp Stop Sign continue straight onto High Avenue to end.
- Turn left at N Franklin St.
- Take the 1st right onto High Avenue.
- Turn right at Park St; Theatre is on left.
No direct rail service, but can be accessed from the White Plains, Tarrytown, Spring Valley, or Suffern train stations.
By Kayak (to Nyack):
A boat landing is available near Spear Street.
Nyack is conveniently located on Bike Route 9. Bicycle parking is available in front of The Runcible Spoon on South Broadway.