Casting Notice: Staged Reading at Bergen Community College
NOTE: This is NOT an Elmwood Event
Seeking 4 actresses/1 actor/ 1 female child who appear Middle Eastern (Armenian/Turkish) for partially staged evening reading at Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ on April 22, 2016.
Casting the following:
3 women 50+ for the roles of:
- SIRAN – late 60’s – warm and loving but also direct, no nonsense caregiver. Needs passable singing talent.
- GRANNIE – 85 – outspoken with a sense of humor. Has a horrific past.
- HERMINE – 70’s – bitter, mean spirited and negative. Although not loveable, the audience should feel great pity. Ability to speak English with a Middle Eastern accent for these three roles a plus.
- JULIE – 20’s – has had extremely sheltered life, appears naïve for 20. Sensitive, smart, talented musician* who loves her family unconditionally. Is deeply in love for the first time.
- FEMALE CHILD – 10-12 – Plays Julie’s daughter as the play ends and to voice a 5 year old boy. (All characters are Armenian).
- WILLIAM – late 20’s – Turkish, kind hearted, protective, cellist*. Self confident. Well educated, speaks with upper English accent. In love with Julie but concerned with her family’s past memories.