Carolynn’s first passion is singing; she studied voice at Mannes College of Music. She was a first soprano with the New York Choral Society for many years. Elmwood stage credits include Monica in The Medium, Eileen in Wonderful Town, Cunegonde in Candide, Amalia in She Loves Me, Martha in 1776, Immigrant in Ragtime, Mrs. Shelley in The Secret Garden and Italian woman in The Rose Tattoo. Carolynn also enjoys singing at many area performances with local communities and holiday events, churches and recitals. Expanding her theatrical pursuits behind the scenes at Elmwood, Carolynn has been greeting our patrons as lobby manager for public performances, musical workshop director (HMS Pinafore, Pirates of Penzance), assistant director (Three Penny Opera) and make-up chair for many productions as well.
As A Cast Member:
- Les Miserables (2013-2014) - Ensemble
- The Secret Garden (2011-2012) - Ensemble/Mrs. Shelley
- The Rose Tattoo (2010-2011) - Peppina
- Ragtime (2006-2007) - Ensemble
- 1776 (1988-1989) - Martha Jefferson
- She Loves Me (1986-1987) - Amalia Balash